Why should you consider a mini-split system?
The classic argument over who controls the thermostat has been exacerbated by the number of people turning kitchens, sunrooms, and guest bedrooms into home offices lately. Some are looking for HVAC services in Louisville and Southern Indiana because they think their home heating and air conditioning system can’t handle the demands of multiple people as the temperature changes throughout the day. A mini-split system can give you small area temperature control that allows for one person to crank the thermostat to their preference while you moderate the temperature of your new home office for your comfort.
What is a mini-split system?
A mini-split system typically consists of a wall-mounted interior air handling unit connected to an outdoor compressor/condenser through a small hole in the wall.
Advantages of a mini-split system
- Creates independent temperature zones so everyone can moderate to their comfort.
- Ideal for additions where ducting hasn’t been run, but airflow from your central system is moderating the temperature.
- Support your primary HVAC system in areas of the home where sunlight or shade creates significant temperature variants.
- Increase energy efficiency by only heating or cooling the places where you’re spending the most time. Also, the small hole in the wall through which the two pieces connect experiences less air transfer than window-based units.
- Safer than other space heating/cooling options, no worry of leaving a space heater plugged in or having to leave a window open for a window air conditioner.
HVAC services in Louisville and Southern Indiana who install mini-split systems
Installing a mini-split system in a bigger job than most DIYers can handle. Mitch Craig Heating and Cooling installs mini-split systems but does much more. Our team will first determine if a mini-split system in the correct solution during our free-estimate. If a mini-split system is the right choice for your home, our team will help determine the correct size and position for your new mini-split system to maximize efficiency. The installer will install, test, and clean up so you can use your new mini-split system with confidence and stop worrying about who’s playing with the thermostat.
A note about our installation process during COVID-19
Mitch Craig Heating and Cooling is taking additional steps to prevent any risk to our employees and customers. To learn more, please visit our blog: Keeping You Safe and Comfortable.